CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Coupon Game

So I have been trying to get started with the whole coupon game. Most weeks I can save an average of $10 on grocery shopping, which is nice, but isn't all that great. The last couple weeks I have done great though! I am pretty excited about how much I have saved and how much I have been able to get for nearly nothing, so I just have to post once about it!! :)

Last week I shopped at RiteAid and Albertsons and was able to get $88.97 worth of stuff for only $34.47...that's a savings of $54.50!!!

Today I shopped at Target and Albertsons and was able to get $70.44 worth of stuff for only $14.88...that's a savings of $55.56!!!

I took pictures of my trips today so you can see what all I was able to get...

This was from my Target trip.
Before sales/coupons this would have cost $41.19. I paid $6.12!


This was Albertsons.
Before sales/coupons this would have cost $28.95. I was able to get it all for $8.76. (I paid just 10 cents total for all 9 of the candy bars!! Not that we need them, but...) :)

I read a great blog that I get the coupon/sale match up ideas from. The blog is A Thrify Mom and without Sarah (that's her name, she is actually from Idaho...Caldwell I believe) I would have a MUCH harder time doing the coupons. So, thanks to her, although I doubt she will read this :)

1 comments:

The Hansen Family said...

I'm impressed! I've actually been able to take a much needed break because we've been so busy this summer and the only reason I was able to was because we have such a great stock pile. Keep it up! Thanks for the coupons a million years ago, by the way. I am pretty sure I forgot to tell you thanks!